NIKI IN LONDON

a canadian girl living and working as a teacher in london, england. the trials and tribulations, and mindless rants...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Barcelona!

Yes, the entire time that we were in Barcelona I was singing the song! We even rigged the ipod to play in the hotel room so that we could hear it and I could sing at the top of my lungs! Honestly though, I am not the biggest Barcelona fan...we arrived and took the train into the city to get to our hotel. We were on the train for about 10 minutes when some guy tried to pickpocket me. Well more specifically he tried to get into my handbag. Now, I had been warned that Barcelona was bad for this, but I was honestly shocked at how blatant it was. I was wearing a handbag with the smallest strap, the bag was right under my arm and I was holding it tight, so the reason he wasn't successful is because he touched me! So obviously not very good at his job, but as much as I did freak out and everything, I was so in shock that I didn't really do anything to him (which I wish I did now). So after that I was constantly worried about people stealing things from me, and it made me not have a very good time there.
Other than that it is a very pretty place, the Gaudi buildings are fantastic (they remind me of drawings from Dr Seuss books!) and the tapas were yummy (although not many choices for vegetarians, so I did get sick of them). Maybe next time I'll go to Spain in the summer and just pack my bathing suit and spend all day on the beach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home